Follower

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009

Banaras Hindu University November 29, 2009













July 2009 I came across an employment ad on a position of visiting fellow in the German Department of the BHU (Banaras Hindu University) in India. I decided to apply for this position. I received an answer of the Head of the German department that my application came too late but that he would put me on a waiting list. September 2009 when I was in Turkey I received another email from the same guy asking me whether I am still interested in that position. I was surprised and shocked. After informing my mother who became even more shocked (this time rather negatively) I decided to take this job. And only November 2009 my "employment" was confirmed. Only 3 weeks remained and I had to apply for a visa, collect all my savings, buy a ticked, an insurance and confirm my Indian trip to my parents. They were not happy but I decided so I just left Germany November 29. I landed in Varanasi December 1.

Keine Kommentare: